The University of St. Francis has made a strong commitment to recruit and serve veteran students. These students provide a unique perspective in the classroom due to their military service, and that adds to the educational perspective of all our students. In addition to participating in all of the federal veterans benefits programs, including the Yellow Ribbon Program, USF has also instituted a Military/Veterans Discount Program for selected graduate degree programs.
USF is Nationally Ranked
The University has been honored numerous times through the years for its outstanding support of veteran students, including being recognized or ranked by the following organizations:
- Colleges of Distinction
- Military Friendly School – since 2010
- Military Advanced Education since 2014
- Princeton Review
The University of St. Francis is proud to accept and certify veterans for the following programs:
- Post- 9/11 GI Bill® Chapter 33 of title 38, U.S. Code
- Post- 9/11 VA Yellow Ribbon Program
- Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB) Chapter 30 of title 38, U.S. Code Montgomery GI Bill®
- Vocational Rehabilitation Education Program Chapter 31 of title 38, U.S. Code
- Dependent Educational Assistance Program Chapter 35 of title 38, U.S. Code
- Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) Chapter 1606 of title 10, U.S. Code
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) Chapter 1607 of title 10, U.S. Code
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) Chapter 32 of title 38, U.S. Code, or section 901 or section 903 of Public Law 96-342
- USF Military/Veterans Discount (for selected degree completion and graduate programs– see links below)
The USF Military/Veterans Discount is available to:
- Honorably Discharged Veterans who are no longer eligible for education assistance through the U.S. Veterans Administration programs
- Spouses of Active Duty Military Personnel who are not eligible for any dependent education assistance through the U.S. Veterans Administration
- Drilling members of the National Guard
- Drilling members of the Reserves
- Active Duty military personnel
- Employees of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
2020欧洲杯足彩外围appThe discount applies to students who are enrolled on either a full-time or part-time basis in Graduate (Masters) degree programs and not eligible for any other discount programs at USF (and also not eligible for any educational assistance programs offered through the U.S. Veterans Administration).
The discount is applicable to 20% of tuition and does not cover fees or other associated program costs. Documentation of eligibility status is required. Click here for the online USF Military/Veterans Discount program application form.
Required information for Active Duty Service Members, National Guard, Reservists and students utilizing Veterans Educational benefits. This information will provide you with cost and other information pertinent to University of St. Francis.
(This link will take you to MyUSF Portal—click For Students> Financial Aid Summary> Shopping List.
This can only be viewed after your financial assistance has been processed.)
- University of St. Francis Tuition Rates
- Attendance Policy
Important things to remember:
- All students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at .
- Students should explore loans offered by the federal government, and only borrow if necessary.
- Students should consult with Financial Aid Services prior to enrolling to ensure that they understand the full cost of education at USF and all opportunities for financial assistance that are available.
Full-Time Student: 2020欧洲杯足彩外围appAs a full-time undergraduate student University of St. Francis adds $800 per year to your student budget to accommodate for these costs that are above and beyond tuition and fees.
Part-Time Student: As a part-time undergraduate student (6-11 credit hours) an amount of $400 per year is added to the budget.
Full-Time Graduate Student: 2020欧洲杯足彩外围appFull-time graduate students (8 credits per term) are given an addition to their cost budget of $400 per year—half-time (4 credits per term) have $200 added to their budget.
Actual Costs: As for actual costs, a recent study coordinated with our bookstore for the 2017-2018 academic year showed that on the average, full-time undergraduates averaged $796 per year for book purchases, while graduate students averaged $512 per year.
Traditional Undergraduate yearly book costs by major:
- Biology $700
- Business $662
- Nursing $1,050
- Psychology $823
- Social Work $616
Adult Degree Completion Undergraduate yearly book costs by major:
- Business Administration $523
- Health Care Leadership $537
- Nursing Fast-Track $609
About this scholarship:
• Apply by submitting an essay that describes some of the mental health and substance abuse issues that today’s veterans may suffer.
• Awarded every year in June, no fee charged for applying.
Eligible to enter are:
• Must be 18 years of age
• Any veteran or active member of the United States Armed Forces
• Any direct family member of a veteran or active member of the United States Armed Forces
• Available to graduate and undergraduate students
• Available to high school students soon to be enrolled in a post-secondary institution in the U.S.
• Visit for more information
- Federal Pell grant
- Illinois Monetary Award Program (MAP)
- USF Academic Scholarships
- USF Athletic Scholarships
- Federal Direct Loan Program (if needed)
Things to know about Veterans Programs
Q: Do Active Duty, Reservists and National Guard service members need permission to take classes?
What you should know: Active Duty/Reservists/National Guard MUST 2020欧洲杯足彩外围apphave their attendance approved and coordinated with their post/base/unit education advisor or Education Service Officer (ESO) prior to attendance at University of St. Francis. Please seek out the appropriate individual in your command to secure permission first.
Q: I’m already getting GI Bill benefits. Should I apply for other financial aid?
What you should know:2020欧洲杯足彩外围app Every undergraduate veteran and service member attending USF should apply for financial assistance through the federal and state government using the FAFSA. If you are an undergraduate you may qualify for a Pell Grant and possible, depending on your benefit type, you may also be eligible to receive Illinois Monetary Award Program funds to help pay tuition your Post 9/11 benefits don’t cover.
Q: Do I have to be a degree-seeking student to use my benefits?
What you should know:2020欧洲杯足彩外围app Yes, you must be a degree-seeking undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student at USF in order to receive benefits.
Q: Can I take any classes I want to?
What you should know: The classes you take must be applicable to receiving your degree. The VA will only pay you for classes that will take you to your degree objective. All service members should coordinate their classes with their Education Service Officer (ESO) or equivalent authority.
Q: Do I have to make satisfactory progress like all other students?
What you should know:2020欧洲杯足彩外围app Yes, you must report all changes in enrollment, up or down, as soon as they occur. If you receive funds you are not entitled to receive, you will be placed in an “overpayment status” with the VA and they will ask for their money back. It will either be deducted from future benefits, or you will be asked to pay it back out-of-pocket. Service members must make satisfactory academic progress like all other USF students.
Q: What is the class attendance policy at USF?
What you should know: Being in class, ready to learn, is a key part of what you need to earn a degree. It’s vital and yes, click here to read more about it.
Q: Do I have to be accepted for admissions prior to my benefits being certified to the VA?
What you should know:2020欧洲杯足彩外围app Yes, you must be accepted for admission
Q: Do I have to be registered for classes prior to my benefits being certified?
What you should know: Yes, you must have completed registration before certification
Q: Does USF have a commitment to veterans?
What you should know: USF has always welcomed veteran students. When given the opportunity to participate in the Post 9/11 Yellow Ribbon GI Bill program, USF gladly signed an agreement with the VA to participate. USF does everything we can to ensure we are serving our veteran students’ needs to the best degree possible.