Student Complaint and Appeal Process

2020欧洲杯足彩外围appThe University of St. Francis is concerned with how students are treated, wants to help them understand process and procedures, and wants to hear and resolve student concerns and grievances. A “Complaint” is defined as an expression of serious dissatisfaction concerning a university employee, department, service, process or a university administrative action that requires clarification, investigation and/or resolution because the student believes the result to be unfair or inconsistent with USF policy or usual practices. The processes for filing complaints/grievances are described below.

2020欧洲杯足彩外围appStudents can also file an appeal for academic probation or academic dismissal or to appeal an alleged violation of academic integrity by following the processes in the catalog which are also described below.

2020欧洲杯足彩外围appBoth complaints and appeals are initiated through the .

Academic Issues

Appeal Process

Other Issues

How do I file a disability accommodation complaint?

If a student has a complaint about USF’s accommodations for disabilities, the Disability Coordinator and Learning Specialist, Sean Murphy, is located in the Academic Resource Center of the Library and is the ADA/504 Coordinator responsible for coordinating efforts to comply with these disability laws. This includes investigation of any complaint alleging noncompliance. In addition, there is an electronic complaint form at .

What options do ONLINE students have if their complaint
is not resoved by going through the USF process?

What if an ON-CAMPUS student cannot get a complaint resolved going through the USF process?

If an on-campus student does not feel that their complaint has been resolved through the USF Complaint Process, they can contact the Illinois Board of Higher Education through the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) Institutional Complaint System ().

If a student has exhausted all of the University of St. Francis options and their state options for handling complaints, the student may contact our accreditation organization, the Higher Learning Commission (, through their online complaint system ().